We are currently seeking a Press Set-Up Technician in our warehouse located in Wixom, MI.
The Press Set-Up Technician is responsible for staging materials necessary for press operations and assisting the Press Operator by setting up jobs on press as time allows. In addition, the press set-up technician is expected to learn the press operation.
Hours: 2nd shift- Monday through Friday, 3:00pm to 11:00pm
Pay: $13.00 – $14.00/HR.
Position: Full time, TTH with benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review daily schedule and gather required press plates, dies, doctor blades, and cylinders per the ticket specifications
- Utilize the press staging cart to stay one job ahead on each press. Items staged on the press staging cart included:
- The job jacket with job ticket
- Press plates mounted on cylinders with print rods inserted
- Mag dies mounted to the mag cylinders
- Assist the press operator by installing cylinders, doctor blades, and mag dies onto the press itself
- During the job run, assist press operator with troubleshooting any issues, to include dies, cleaning and remounting press plates, and refilling UVs and inks as necessary
- Learn press operations to be able fill in for breaks and time off
- Communicate with Press Operator, Shift Supervisor, and/or Production Manager regarding issues or problems with supplies
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: at least 2 years manufacturing experience, press or printing related production experience preferred
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to do basic math and measurements
- Good organization skills
- Ability to read work ticket and interpret written information to provide the proper supplies to the press
- Must be able to lift 75lbs