We are currently a Sales and Event Assistant in Plymouth, MI.
The Sales and Event Assistant will be responsible for performing tasks related to company sales and events in and outside the office. Coordinate meeting space, meals, technology, and other office activities as required.
Hours: Part-Time, Monday-Friday, 20 hours/week.
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00/HR.
Position: Temp-to-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate beverages, food/meals for meetings including customer visits, training, and company events, etc. This includes making reservations or ordering food, setting up for the event, cleaning and putting everything away afterward.
- Stock all supply areas (break room, Customer Center, conference rooms, etc.) with proper supplies; straighten and clean.
- Greet visitors to the facility as needed. Assist with visitors’ needs such as making hotel or transportation arrangements.
- Coordinate / set up technology for meetings in conference rooms.
- May serve as back-up for other administrative support team members.
- Communicate shipping instructions for sales packages as needed.
- Process outgoing mail using a scale and postage meter; determines class or type of rate for sending mail together with related costs.
- Communicate company and sales event details.
- Assist with general Concur Travel (as needed)
- Assist with local hotel relationships.
- Pull and distribute CMSR / other general reports as needed/monthly.
- Assist with organizing distributor drop ship locations and distributor status levels as needed.
- Update sales calendars with events, meetings, and training. This includes reserving conferences rooms as needed.
- Filing and other tasks administrative tasks as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- An associate degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Microsoft Office Suite moderate (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, etc.)
- Attention to detail, excellent follow through.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to read and carry out routine oral and written instructions independently.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work with confidential information. (Credit card into, possibly customer personal info)
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license / insurance. (If needed to pick up food, customers, etc.)
- Ability to work independently.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check