We are currently seeking a Rewind Operator in Wixom, MI.
The Rewind Operator is responsible for operating a rewind machine to take large rolls from a press and break them down into smaller rolls following the customer’s specifications. Rewind Operators are responsible for verifying quality of supplied rolls and reviewing product for defects to ensure the highest quality product for our customers. Rewind Operators may also box product or perform other finishing duties to ensure product is provided to shipping in an accurate and timely manner.
Hours: Sunday – Friday 11:00pm to 7:00am (overtime available, not regulated)
Position: Full Time, Temp-to-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review job work instructions/tickets and set-up the rewind machine properly for the job, including blades, cores, and copy position
- Operate the machine to break the large press rolls into finished customer rolls
- Review labels and rolls for quality and consistency
- Perform splices in which two rolls of the same product are taped together. Follow company procedures and requirements for verification of the product ID numbers and visual inspection with supervisor sign off
- Verify Core IDs for the finished rolls and place them inside and outside of the roll, following verification by the supervisor that the Core ID is correct
- Place finished rolls in the proper box, verifying the core and box IDs match, and place the box in the designated area for either shipping or stock products
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor, Production Manager, and/or Scheduler regarding issues with the label, including over or under runs, label quality, or ID number questions
- Maintains the work area and machines in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed policies and safety regulations
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of machine operation experience, printed related production experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Must have ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Lifting, sitting, standing, crouching, and associated repetitive task
- Good communication skills