We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector in Novi, MI.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for performing geometric dimensional inspections on received goods, first article, in-process and finished cutting tools. Work with blueprints, use inspection equipment with minimal amount of supervisor.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Pay: $19.00 to $22.00/HR.
Position: Full time, Temp-to-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect to drawing specifications for accuracy and completeness
- Use inspection equipment to measure tools for all parameters per customer requirements
- Inspect tools for visual defects
- Perform measurement of tool geometry and characteristics
- Document measurements including non-conformance on inspection report forms
- Complete inspection reports per customer requirements as required
- Consult with engineers and production personnel to acquire information as directed
- Perform internal process audits as directed
- Responsible for keeping are clean at all times
Education: Associates Degree or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience 3-5 years of experience with Coordinate-Measuring machines (CMM) is a MUST, preferably with Helicheck, Zoller, or other types of equivalent Non- Contact Measuring Machines
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in ISO Certified organization
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Must have knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Office Products
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems typical of manufacturing process (SPC, Fishbone diagram, Flow charts etc.)
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in mathematics, blueprint reading, inspection techniques, use of calipers, micrometers, and other inspection equipment
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations