We are currently seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer in Plymouth, MI.
Mechanical Systems Engineer is responsible for the engineering and design of all mechanical equipment and devices for an assigned system project. The Mechanical Systems Engineer will work on mechanical panels, spray application and dispensing mechanisms, power/motor controls, and fluid controls as required. This position will work with customers and suppliers to develop time and cost-effective solutions and ensure designs comply with applicable codes and standards.
This position will be part of a project team, working with a Project Manager and Technical Manager in a matrix reporting structure.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay: $60,000 – $85,000 annually
Position: Full Time, direct-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mechanical hardware engineering leadership and design in the office and at customer facilities for assigned projects.
- Communicate with the project manager and direct manager concerning progress or problems of all mechanical hardware.
- Calculate pneumatic, fluid pressure drop and flow rates.
- Design fluid and pneumatic control schematics
- Lead the development and validation of new features and improvement of current products.
- Specify, order, and follow up on delivery of mechanical equipment.
- Analyze reports of technical problems, identify root cause and determine if a change in design strategy is required.
- Provide technical clarification and guidance for customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Provide clear, complete, accurate drawings and documentation within prescribed deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of project proposals.
- Maintains high ethical standards of conduct for all engineering activities.
- Requires 15% travel, domestically and internationally.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology Degree
- 2-3 years of related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis, resourcefulness.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills: ability to read and develop schematics and wiring diagrams
- Understanding of design for hazardous locations (Class 1, Div. 1)
- Experience with common mechanical codes applicable to automation systems
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks programs (experienced in) Adept in/with
- Appreciates the need for timely and accurate documentation.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently in a demanding environment.
- Self-starter able to work well independently or as a project team leader.
- Positive attitude; committed to delivery of tasks.
- Knowledge of robotic paint application equipment and processes (FANUC, ABB, Kawasaki)
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and mechanical equipment; measurement tools and techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Quality Systems ISO 9001: 2015
- Knowledge of OSHA and ANSI standards
- Knowledge with GD&T
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering design environment
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to learn.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing