We are currently seeking a temporary Import/Export Specialist in Plymouth, MI.
This is an Immediate need! Apply Today!
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Pay: $17.00 – $18/HR DOE.
Position: Temporary between June – October (Maternity Coverage)
The Import/Export Specialist is responsible for administrative functions in the area of import, clearance of items, customs, and receiving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create delivery orders and arrange fright pick-ups
- Entry inputs and electronic filing for US Customs through a web-based portal
- Correspond with clients via email and/or verbally with freight forwarders on a daily basis
- Utilize Excel including pivot tables and merging spreadsheets
- Vendor Payables including processing/coding freight bills and freight forwarding weekly charges
- Post Entry Audits/Statement processing
- Archive and scan all custom entries once completed
- Monitor daily inbound freight and identifies discrepancies in SAP
- Ocean Shipment tracking and tracing daily using web portal
- Filing AES (Automated Export System) records in US web portal
- All other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MUST have 3-5 years performing Administrative duties
- MUST have strong Microsoft Excel experience
- SharePoint spreadsheet experience
- Self-starter and multitasker
- MUST have strong data entry and analytical experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Needs to work well in a team environment and take instructions from team leader
- Must be willing to do all work-related task from filing to data entry
- Punctual with a good job ethic
- Experience utilizing SAP and AES software