We are currently seeking a 2nd shift CNC Operator in Wixom, MI.
The CNC Machine Operator produces machined parts by operating a CNC machine (Hanwha and Citizens) while maintaining quality and safety standards. The CNC machine operator will also keep quality records, perform basic machine maintenance, and change tooling.
Hours: Monday – Friday 4:15pm to 1:45am with some Saturdays required
Pay: $19.50/HR. DOE
Position: Full time, Temp-to-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CNC mills and lathes to produce machined parts from bar stock.
- Load machine with bar stock.
- Perform tool changes, tool touch-offs, reset tool count registers.
- Monitor tooling wear.
- Perform part inspection in accordance with the particular quality requirements for the part (data is contained in control plans).
- Input quality data and part production into online business system.
- Maintain part quality by performing machine offsets.
- Meet production goals.
- Maintain safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing required paper and/or electronic logs.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Ability to run multiple (similar) machines.
- Any other related duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proficient in CNC machining.
- High School diploma / GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Own reliable transportation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good math skills.
- Understanding of basic machine shop measuring procedures (micrometers, calipers, height stands, surface finish gauges, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading.