We are currently seeking an Accounting Generalist in Wixom, MI
IMMEDIATE NEED! APPLY TODAY! START ASAP!
Perform functions related to accounting activities specific to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America – Machine Tool Division
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8AM – 5PM (1 Hour lunch)
Position: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire
Pay Rate: $20.00-$22.00/HR
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process expense reports and arrange reimbursement payments for travel expense for all sales/service/manager
- Enter invoices for vendor accounts payable. Includes verification of vendor number, G/L entry and various account codes. A/P account standing information.
- Complete proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices and bank reconciliation.
- Apply customer invoice payments, monitor, and assist in collection of past due accounts receivable
- Create and maintain reporting for open sales orders, purchase orders and similar common audit specific transactions
- Identify and implement process improvements for accounting procedures.
- Build effective cross functional relationships; contributes to a team environment that ensures alignment to organization goals, objectives, and corporate values.
- Support Management account ting closing period for Month, quarter and fiscal year end closing periods.
- Support Management to balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- 2 Year associate degree – concentration in business management – accounting
- 3-5 years of direct accounting experience
- Strong Excel knowledge with ability to learn advanced Excel functionality
- Comfortable with a changing, fast paced environment
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- SAP FICO (Desirable)