We are currently seeking 2nd Shift CNC Machinist in Novi, MI.
The CNC Universal Grinder is responsible to set up and operate universal CNC grinding machines to perform a variety of complex machining operations to close tolerance customer specifications. Perform frequent changeovers for small quantity custom orders. Maximize production efficiencies through simultaneous operation of more than one machine.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 2:00pm – 10:30pm
Pay: $19.00/HR (Weekly Pay on Fridays)
Position: Full Time, TTH Opportunity
JOB REQUIREMENTS and PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and review work assignments; verify that work pieces and routing match regarding count, type and proper sequence.
- Follow established procedures for machine set up, including; select proper grind wheels, bushings, collets and programs to be use; input tool and set up values; grind first piece, inspect, adjust as needed and obtain approval from leadworker or supervisor when process has been completed.
- Dress and form abrasive wheels using standard dressing devices. Mount and secure tools in machine. Set and adjust wheel spindle speeds, feed rate and travel stops.
- Run equipment in auto-cycle whenever possible, continually inspecting finished tools for correct dimensions.
- Set up and operate more than one machine whenever possible and when management determines that order size and cycle times are appropriate.
- Enter all production information into the data collection system.
- Monitor equipment performance; report problems and request required maintenance to avoid unnecessary downtime and machine damage or repairs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience with basic machine operation or related technical training.
- One year of direct machine setup and operation experience. Previous experience involving principles of grinding.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow written instructions and shop drawings.
- Above average math skills. Must be able to calculate appropriate machine settings and adjust accordingly. Must have good math and trigonometry skills.
- Must be able to use required precision measuring and testing equipment.
- Broad knowledge of cutting tool design and universal grinding procedures through using multi-axis CNC equipment.
- Computer literate, able to enter programs and directions.
- Strongly preferred candidates with previous experience operating CNC grinding equipment such as; Walter, ANCA, Star, Schutte, Rollomatic.